Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tip for saving time on editing

As a publisher, I wear many hats. One of those hats is being an editor for new manuscripts.

So often I see that writers type scripture verses as they go along. Though it's great for maintaining one's typing speed and accuracy, it is not efficient when re-reading, editing, and proofreading need to be done, especially when it becomes an out-of-pocket expense.

Some of you know what I'm going to say, use the resources online. You can find your favorite Bible version at Bible Gateway or if you're like me, a strict KJV kind of person, Bible Seeker is what I've traditionally used in the past, however, I am going to consider switching.

With my minimal usage, it seemed that Bible Gateway could be quicker. Figure out your verses, look them up online, copy & paste! You'll never have to check for typos, grammatical errors, or punctuation again!

Have a blessed week!


Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment